Monday, February 26, 2007

It's been a while...

Well, it's been almost two weeks since I last posted and I've certainly been busy. I helped my fiance's family move into their new house, which was a bit taxing and my sorority wrapped up recruitment.

I started a sweater for my current favorite baby cousin but it's turning out to take a little longer than I feel like spending on it. I think I'll frog it and find something more interesting to work on. Maybe one of the million other projects that I have yarn for.

I got the book Sensational Knitted Socks and I absolutely adore it. It has basic patterns that let you choose any yarn and stitch pattern that you want...I don't think I'll ever buy another sock book. I'm working on a four stitch pattern out of Plymouth Encore #2426. All I have to do is graft the toe and weave in ends on the second one and I'm done!

I've been wondering why my circular knitting 'torques' all the time and I finally got up the nerve to go to my LYS for help. Apparently I've been knitting wrong! I twist every stitch. If only someone had told me sooner! The only solution, of course, was to get Blue Skys Alpaca to knit a scarf and relearn the right way.

Still don't have a digital camera, so the blog remains pictureless.

No comments: