Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Man Scarf as FO

The man scarf is finished as of last night. It's a little on the short side, which is what I expected but he only gave me two skeins of yarn. I just need to block it so the edges stop curling in on the cable. My fiance says that if his little brother doesn't like it then he'll take it.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to start next. I want to work on a lopi sweater that I have supplies for, but I'm a little scared because the only sweater I've ever made was raglan, so I didn't have to do any finishing. I might do a baby sweater for my adorable cousin first. I'll probably decide tonight at Knit Wits and get some advice from my fellow knitters.

I continue to be obsessed with reading about knitting. I'm finishing Zen and the Art of Knitting and I just got When Bad Things Happen to Good Knitters. I'm reading the Yarn Harlot blog whenever I can, too. I keep thinking to myself that I would probably get a lot more knitting done if I wasn't reading so much, but I can't help myself.

No comments: