Monday, March 19, 2007

Liar, Liar

Well, I lied. I spent my spring break evenings on the couch with my man and we normally fell asleep to a movie and then stumbled upstairs in the wee hours. This hurt the blogging.

I've joined a few sock knitting groups because I love knitting them in class. Right now I'm making some crazy ones using the leftover purple from my last pair for the cuff, heel and toe. I just turned the heel on the first one today.

The sweater is coming along slowly but surely. I'm a few rows into the fair isle at the top and it's a little tricky. It only has two colors per row but I have to drag the main color along the whole way for the decreases, which I didn't really think about before I started. It's a pain.

I celebrated St. Patrick's day at a local pub with my man and a knitting friend. We got some comments from some mildly drunk guys at the bar--they were just fascinated with my friend's Norwegian cap (newly finished, yay!) and my man thinks that if we had stayed a bit longer they would have bought us drinks!

I'm revving up for a sock knit off this weekend. I picked up my yarn today and will be borrowing movies from friends over the course of the week in preparation. I'm really excited to finish a pair of socks in a weekend. I don't care if I'm the last one to finish: I'm going to make that deadline.

Still no camera but I'll at least borrow one for the knit off.

No comments: